Grenada Golden Visa
Grenada Golden Visa is a citizenship by investment program that allows investors to acquire Grenada passport within 4 to 5 months. Grenada launched its citizenship by investment program in 2013.
Grenada golden visa or citizenship by investment program starts with an investment of USD 150,000 onwards, slightly higher compared to other Caribbean nations. Grenada has an E2 treaty with the US, which allows Grenada passport holders to obtain an investor visa to reside in the US.
Grenada is the southernmost island nation in the Caribbean Sea, bordering the Eastern Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the UN and the Organization of American States.
Grenada has a parliamentary representative democracy system, whose political and legal traditions closely follow the UK.
Holders of the Grenadian passport enjoy visa free travel to approximately 140 countries, including the European Schengen area, UK, China, Hong Kong and Singapore.
There is no requirement to travel to Grenada. during the application process, nor is there any minimum stay requirement upon obtaining a citizenship.
Investors can choose from the following options
- Donation: Contribution to the National Transformation Fund (NTF) of up to USD 150,000 for single investor, plus additional USD 50,000 donation to include spouse of the main applicant.
Family of four including the main applicant, the spouse of the main applicant, and two other dependants: USD 200,000
- Real Estate: Investors can invest a minimum of USD 220,000 in government authorized real estate projects. This investment must be held for a minimum of 5 years from the date the citizenship is granted. Future purchaser of the underlying investment can also become eligible for citizenship-by-investment. It is possible to get a rental yield on some of the projects as well as buyback option, where the developer offers a pre-defined return and exit strategy at the end of 5 years.
Requirements of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- Hold a valid passport
- Provide KYC documents and proof of funds.
- No criminal records or police clearance certificate for all adult applicants
- Medical certificate
Benefits of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- Fast processing time.
- Right to live, work and study in Grenada.
- Visa free travel to approximately 140 countries, including the UK, China Hong Kong, Singapore and the Schengen area. The only Caribbean citizenship-by-investment program that allows visa free travel to China.
- E-2 treaty between US and Grenada allows citizens of Grenada to operate a commercial enterprise in the US and reside in US
- No tax on worldwide income or capital gains tax or inheritance tax
- Non-residents charged 15% tax on income generated in Grenada
- Dual citizenship permitted
- No language test or residency requirement
- Inclusion of dependent children up to the age of 30 and parent/ grandparents over 55 years.