Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua & Barbuda citizenship by investment program was introduced in 2012. The country offers a cost-efficient citizenship by investment program, where investors have access to options starting from USD 100,000 to obtain a second passport within 4-5 months.
There is no requirement to travel to Antigua & Barbuda during the application process.
Antigua and Barbuda is a twin-island state located in the Eastern Caribbean.
The country has a stable democratic Government based on British parliamentary system.
Holders of the Antigua and Barbuda passport enjoy visa free travel to approximately 150 countries, including the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore and the European Schengen area.
Investors can choose from the following options
- Donation: Contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) of up to USD 100,000 for single investor or family of up to 4. This is a donation and there is no investment return or refund of the donated amount
- Donation: Contribution to the University of West Indies Fund (UWI) of up to USD 150,000 for a family of up to 6 members. Again, this is a donation and there is no investment return or refund of the donated amount. Participation in the option will entitle one member of the family to a one year, tuition only, scholarship at the University of the West Indies.
- Real Estate: Investors can invest a minimum of USD 200,000 or USD 400,000 to acquire pre-approved real estate. This investment must be held for a minimum of 5 years. It is possible to get a rental yield on some of the projects as well as buyback option, where the developer offers a ‘guaranteed’ buyback at the end of 5 years.
- Business Investment: Investor makes an investment in approved business of at least USD 1.5mn.
Requirements of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- Hold a valid passport
- Provide KYC documents and proof of funds.
- No criminal records or police clearance certificate for all adult applicants
- Investors and family members included in the application have to reside in the country for a minimum of 5 days in 5 years after being granted citizenship. Important condition for renewal of passport.
- Medical certificate
Benefits of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- Cost-efficient program with a quick processing time
- Right to live, work and study in Antigua & Barbuda.
- Visa free travel to approximately 150 countries, including the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Schengen area.
- No personal income tax, no capital gains tax or estate taxes
- Dual citizenship permitted
- No language test or residency requirement before obtaining passport
- Inclusion of dependent children up to the age of 28 and dependent parents over 58 years.