Dominica citizenship by investment program has been around since 1993. The country offers one of the lowest cost citizenship investment program, where investors can obtain a second passport within 4-5 months by making a minimum investment of USD 100,000.
There is no requirement to travel to Dominica during the application process, nor is there any minimum stay requirement upon obtaining a citizenship.
Dominica is a spectacular island nation, located in the Caribbean Sea. It is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the UN and the Organization of American States.
Dominica is a parliamentary representative democracy
Holders of the Dominican passport enjoy visa free travel to approximately 140 countries, including the European Schengen area, UK, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Investors can choose from the following options
- Donation: Contribution to the Economic Development Fund (EDF) of up to USD 100,000 for single investor, plus additional USD 50,000 donation to include spouse (or sibling) of the main applicant. An additional donation of USD 25,000 to include any dependant (such as dependant children or parent) other than spouse or sibling.
Family of four including the main applicant, the spouse of the main applicant, and two other dependants other than a dependant sibling: USD 175,000
- Real Estate: Investors can invest a minimum of USD 200,000 in government authorized real estate projects. This investment must be held for a minimum of 3 years from the date the citizenship is granted. If the investment is held for 5 years, then the future purchaser will also become eligible for citizenship-by-investment. It is possible to get a rental yield on some of the projects as well as buyback option, where the developer offers a pre-defined return and exit strategy at the end of 3 / 5 years.
Requirements of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- Hold a valid passport
- Provide KYC documents and proof of funds.
- No criminal records or police clearance certificate for all adult applicants
- Medical certificate
Benefits of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- One of the lowest cost programs with a quick processing time
- Right to live, work and study in Dominica.
- Visa free travel to approximately 140 countries, including the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Schengen area.
- Minimal taxation, with no wealth tax, gift, inheritance, or capital gains tax
- No tax on worldwide income
- Dual citizenship permitted
- No language test or residency requirement
Inclusion of dependent children up to the age of 30 and parent/ grandparents over 55 years.