US EB5 program allows investors to obtain a permanent green card, a pathway to live, work and study in the United States, and eventually become a US Citizen.
United States continues to remain one of the most sought destinations for most investors and entrepreneurs owing to the opportunity it presents to its residents and citizens.
EB 5 program was 1st created in 1990s by the Congress. The program stimulated the US economy on the back of capital investment and jobs creation.
Having gone through a suspension phase in 2021, USCIS announced a new EB-5 regional center program in March 2022. The program will be in effect through to 30 Sept, 2027.
How does it work?
Investors are required to invest at least USD 800,000 into a commercial enterprise that is part of the government-authorized regional center list. Following requirements must be met by the investors to be eligible for the green card
- Investment: Invest at least USD 800,000 or USD 1,050,000 depending on the geographical area.
- Jobs Creation: Create 10 full-time jobs for US workers in the targeted employment area.
- Holding period: Funds must remain invested until permanent status is obtained.
Initially a temporary green card will be granted to investors, until the job creation conditions have been met and demonstrated to the immigration authorities, at which point, the investor obtains permanent green card.
Requirements of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- Hold a valid passport
- National identification documents
- Provide KYC documents and proof of funds
- Tax statement for 5 years
- Birth certificate and marriage certificate for dependents
- No criminal records certificate
- Health requirements
Benefits of the EB5 Program
- In addition to the main investor, green card can be granted to spouse, and children under the age of 21 on the same investment amount
- Ability to seek employment or start a business in the US on the green card
- No separate student visa required for children to study in the US. Additionally, green card holders are entitled to in-state or resident tuition rates at certain colleges and universities.
- Right to live in the US
- Ability to obtain US citizenship after fulfilling residency conditions of at least 30 months in 5 years and other additional conditions (English language, Citizenship test).
- Possibility of achieving financial returns on the EB5 investment.